In order to be efficient and create a shorter custom class, I ask that you try to do the following prior to class:
These are subjects covered in our longer class and I feel are important to your certification with La Paw Spa. If you are unable to complete these 6 items, you will still obtain a level one certificate but need all 6 in order to obtain your level 2 certificate.
- Go enjoy a therapy session of WATSU and write to me what you felt in the water… don’t think about it while you’re receiving but later, write me your thoughts on water as a medium for work – was it more profound or emotional than you thought ? We need to begin to embrace the potential of water so we can be responsible with it…
- Read a book on listening skills ( a couple of suggestions below) and then go consciously apply them in 3 different conversations and explain to me how that felt for you.
- Take some kind of hands on healing class for dogs – it can be massage, ttouch, energy work, etc… Tell me what you like about it, the benefits, etc.
- Understand basic anatomy of the dog – the bony landmarks – i.e. the elbow, knee, hip, etc…
- Briefly write me a list from head to toe of the most common injuries and surgeries for a dog.
- Write me a story about how you have used ‘intuition’ in some situation and where you felt it in your body – i.e. a feeling in your gut, an image in your head – etc… Just tell me about that is for you and how it works in your world…
- Listening: The TAO of EFFECTIVE LISTENING – Yin and Yang of Listening: Listening to Emotions and Active Listening
- The Wisdom of Listening [Paperback] – Mark Brady (Editor)
- Are You Really Listening?: Keys to Successful Communication [Paperback – Paul J. (Author), Ph.D. Donoghue (Author), Mary E. Siegel (Author)