The ACWT was founded by Cindy Horsfall of La Paw Spa in 1995 and became part of the IAAMB in January, 2010.
The Association of Canine Water Therapy, ACWT, was very successful and growing with new members each month. Many of its members have asked about adding educational opportunities, an annual conference and insurance options – things that the IAAMB already has in place.
After completing an International Association of Animal Massage and Bodywork (IAAMB) conference in Seattle, Jonathan Rudinger (founder of the IAAMB) and his wife Anastasia traveled to Sequim, Washington to spend two action packed days with Cindy Horsfall, founder of the Association of Canine Water Therapy (ACWT).
In January, 2010 the ACWT officially became part of the IAAMB.
The Association of Canine Water Therapy is a division of the International Association of Animal Massage & Bodywork and is dedicated to advancing the safe practices of canine water therapy through education, establishing industry standards and building a network of support.
The IAAMB / ACWT is dedicated to a world vision of universal acknowledgment, acceptance, appreciation, and value of the work and service our community provides. The combined organizations are committed to supporting your growth, professional development, and success.
As of January 1st, 2010, with ACWT membership consisting of over 150 members around the world, was handed over to the International Association of Animal Body work and Massage as a move for continued growth and support. See www.iaamb.org
The Splash! – ACWT’s Newsletter
- Volume 5, Issue 3 – Fall 2009
- Volume 5, Issue 2 – Summer 2009
- Volume 5, Issue 1 – Spring 2009
- Volume 4, Issue 3 – Fall/Winter 2008
- Volume 4, Issue 2 – Summer 2008
- Volume 4, Issue 1 – Spring 2008
- Volume 3, Issue 3 – Fall 2007
- Volume 3, Issue 2 – Summer 2007
- Volume 3, Issue 1 – Spring 2007
- Volume 2, Issue 4 – Winter 2006/2007
- Volume 2, Issue 3 – Fall 2006
- Volume 2, Issue 2 – Summer 2006
- Volume 2, Issue 1 – Spring 2006
- Volume 1, Issue 3 – November 2005
- Volume 1, Issue 2 – August 2005
- Volume 1, Issue 1 – May 2005